Updated: Apr 14
This is the third installment of JeffThe420Chef's preview of his forthcoming The Ganja Gourmet. His signature vegan dish is a cannabis-infused take on another American classic, the hamburger, using chickpeas and other beans instead of meat. “I love the flavor of the chipotle, and it’s a surprisingly great combination with the tarragon. Very tasty! This could definitely be the new hippie classic,” says Adrian Hale of Communal Table.
Preparation Time: 40 minutes CBD @ 20%: 12.5% Cooking Time: 5-6 minutes THC @ 10%: 6.5mg THC @ 14%: 9mg Idle Time: 30 minutes
Note: *Approximate dose per serving is based on using 5 grams of cured/dried/decarbed Cannatonic CBD 20%/THC10%. If you use a non-CBD strain, I have calculated 14%THC, the THC percentage after curing, drying and decarbing the average 16% strain.
● 1/4 cup light olive oil
● 1/4 cup sweet onion, diced
● Salt and pepper
● 2 Tablespoons canna-olive oil + 2 Tablespoons light olive oil
● 1⁄4 cup chives. minced
● 4 cloves garlic minced
● 1/4 cup tarragon, minced
● 2 tablespoons red bell peppers, diced small
● 1 (15 oz.) can black beans, drained and mashed
● 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and mashed
● 2 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce, minced
● 1 1/2 cups rolled oats
● 1/2 teaspoon paprika
● 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
● 3 eggs
● Pepper Jack and/or Chipotle Cheddar cheese
● Cooked Bacon
● Lettuce for garnish
● 1 tomato, sliced for garnish
● Lime aioli with chipotle pepper
Here’s how to do it:
1. In a medium pan, sauté onions with light olive oil, and a sprinkling of salt and pepper until caramelized.
2. In a large bowl, mix together caramelized onions with the remainder of burger ingredients.
3. Using your hands, mash and knead until everything is thoroughly combined.
4. Divide “burger meat” into 4 equal portions.
5. Oil your hands with a little olive oil and make patties that are about 1-inch thick.
6. Place patties on a plate lined with paper towel and cover them with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
7. Cover the bottom of a skillet with olive oil.
8. Cook patties 2 to 3 minutes per side until lightly browned.
9. Serve on whole wheat buns topped with cheese, bacon, lettuce, tomato and lime chipotle aioli and voilà!
View More From JeffThe420Chef
Check more of JeffThe420Chef cannabis recipes Here